Free admission to museums, cultural institutions, children’s centers, parks, and historic sites – all you need is a Library card! We currently have the following passes:
American Museum of Natural History
Families are allowed up to 5 vouchers for their visit (one per person). Vouchers are good for museum entry plus one special exhibit. When you get to AMNH you will exchange the vouchers for tickets.
We have two passes available. Each pass admits one adult. Children under 15 are free with passholder. Present pass at the Mohonk Preserve Visitor Center (3197 State Route 44-55, Gardiner, NY) or any of the Mohonk Trailheads during business hours – to be validated and receive a day-use wristband. Pass is not valid for access to Mohonk Mountain House or Minnewaska State Park.
EMPIRE Parks & Beaches
The Empire Pass is your key to all-season enjoyment at New York State Parks. It provides unlimited day-use to most facilities operated by New York State Parks and the State Dept. of Environmental Conservation including forests, beaches, trails and more. Our pass admits all occupants of 1 vehicle.
Storm King Art Center
Storm King current hours are Wednesday – Monday (closed Tuesdays), 10AM – 5:30PM. Rent bikes, plan a picnic, or walk the grounds. Cafe hours are 11AM – 4:30PM.
- Beginning April 1: Walking Tours Daily at 1PM, meet on Museum Hill. Take a docent-guided walking tour to get an overview of Storm King’s collections, history and landscape. Free with admission, no registration required.
- Beginning Sunday, May 14: Children & Families Programs. On-site programs for children and families are offered on select Sundays at 12PM during Storm King’s season. These hands-on experiences are created and led by artists, conservators, arts educators, and environmental educators. Participants of all ages are welcome in these drop-in workshops—no registration is required
Pick up the pass from the Library on the day you want to visit and proceed directly to Storm King Art Center. Pass is good for one vehicle with up to 6-people.
Hudson Highlands Nature Museum
Pass admits 2 adults and all children under age 18. HHNM has two areas to explore: “Grasshopper Grove” (kids outdoor play area) and “The Wildlife Education Center” (animal museum and gift shop). Pass provides free entry to both.
- Available to Rose Memorial Library cardholders only.
- The loan period is one week.
- Passes may not be renewed.
- A late fee of $2 per day, up to the cost of the pass, will be imposed for every
day the pass is overdue. There is a replacement cost for lost passes.
- Call the Circulation Desk at (845) 786-2100 to check availability
When you check out a pass you also have the option to take our free hiking backpack! It comes equipped with a good pair of binoculars and local hiking guide.