Free admission to museums, cultural institutions, children’s centers, parks, and historic sites – all you need is a Library card!
We currently have the following passes available:
- Mohonk Preserve
- We have two passes available. Each pass admits one adult. Children under 15 are free with passholder. Present pass at the Mohonk Preserve Visitor Center (3197 State Route 44-55, Gardiner, NY) or any of the Mohonk Trailheads during business hours – to be validated and receive a day-use wristband. Pass is not valid for access to Mohonk Mountain House or Minnewaska State Park. For current hours of operation and visitation protocols, please visit MohonkPreserve.org/visit or call 845-255-0919
- New York State Parks Empire Pass
- Admits all occupants of one vehicle to most facilities operated by the NYS Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation and the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation. For full list of locations, click here.
- Storm King Art Center
- Pass admits one vehicle with up to 6 people and can be used anytime Storm King is open, including their Members Only Hours (Sundays, 9-10 AM). The pass also gives you %10 off purchases at the Book Store. Check out the pass from the Library on the day of your visit to Storm King and proceed directly to the Art Center admissions booth. Advance registration is not required.
- Hudson Highlands Nature Museum
- We have two passes, each pass may be used by a family of up to 2 adults and children under age18. Provides free admission to “Grasshopper Grove” – open April thru November, Saturdays and Sundays 10am-4pm; and “The Wildlife Education Center” – open year round, Saturdays and Sundays 12pm-4pm
- Mohonk Preserve
- Passes are available to Rose Memorial Library – Stony Point, New York 10980 cardholders.
- Families and individuals may borrow one pass at a time.
- The loan period for a pass is one week.
- Passes may not be renewed.
- A late fee of $2 per day, up to the cost of the pass, will be imposed for every
day the pass is overdue. There is a replacement cost for lost passes.
How to Obtain a Pass
Call the Circulation Desk at (845) 786-2100 ext. 11 or stop by the library to find out if a pass is available.
Checking out the Empire or Mohonk Preserve pass? We also have a “hiking kit” available for checkout! The kit consists of a backpack, two handy guidebooks (Sibley Field Guide to Birds of Eastern North America and Hiking New York’s Lower Hudson Valley), and a pair of 12×25 binoculars. Loan period for kit is one week.